ASCO, a privately owned and independent Belgian company, began operations as a private subcontractor in 1954. The aeronautics division started in 1979 and is currently the only group activity. Today ASCO Industries is engaged in a broad range of development, engineering, manufacturing and assembly activities providing multidisciplinary subcontracting services to various markets and aerospace programs around the world. Asco operates from four locations, Belgium, Canada, Germany and the United States of America with over 1,400 employees and a turnover exceeding 250 million euros. Asco produces over 2,500 assemblies every month and has the ambition to be a world leader in design and manufacture of high lift devices, complex mechanical assemblies and major functional components for the aerospace industry.
The Payroll Officer is responsible together with colleagues for the day-to-day personnel administration and payroll of the Belgian Asco employees (in total approx. 900 blue and white collar).
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Together with your colleagues you are responsible for the day-to-day personnel administration and payroll of the Asco employees (in total approx. 900 blue and white collar).
- You check daily that presences and absences are properly recorded in the time registration system.
- You prepare, process, check and analyze the monthly salary data and you take care of the administration of employee benefits (insurances, meal vouchers, …).
- You are in contact with our external payroll service provider and you ensure that legal obligations are met.
- You are the primary point of contact for our employees regarding salary questions, time registration and personnel administration.
- You report HR statistics to the organization and assist in the optimization of payroll and administrative processes.
- You have a Bachelor degree in Personnel Administration or Social Law, or equal by experience.
- You have had a first work experience as a payroll officer, intensively using a payroll software (knowledge of Evolution/Dots is a plus).
- You are eager to learn and are accurate.
- You have the ability to work efficiently in an open space environment, subject to changing priorities and short deadlines.
- You are customer service minded, including the ability to diffuse challenging situations.
- You are a strong communicator, within the team and towards employees and supervisors, feeling confident speaking French and Dutch on a daily basis.
- You can work smoothly with Word and Excel.
- Attractive base salary, with extra benefits
- Full time employment, with floating hours and 10 extra holidays.
- You will enter a work environment valuing personal development, open communication and teamwork.