Recruiter / HR Generalist
Monsanto is a multinational company with activities in agricultural chemicals, seeds and biotech. Within these sectors Monsanto is amongst the world leaders in the development of new revolutionary products. Monsanto’s headquarters is located in St. Louis (USA). In Belgium, Monsanto has a chemical production site in Antwerp and offices in Brussels.
At Monsanto Antwerp, where 780 people are currently employed, there are 6 different facilities, all producing chemicals. These divisions are the property of 4 different international companies: Monsanto, Eastman, Synegis and Henkel. Also the regional engineering team for the Europe-Middle East region is located in Antwerp. This team executes for all Capital Investments in the region.
In our Brussels office our Regulatory Affairs and Corporate Engagement teams are located. Here we employ 35 people who are working for the EMEA region.
Monsanto seeks a highly motivated individual to join the Belgian organization as a HR Generalist at its Crop Protection manufacturing facility located in Antwerp. In this role, you will provide leadership for all functional HR activities by providing HR expertise and acting as a strategic partner on all key HR initiatives, employee relations, and employee/leadership development activities. In addition, you will require collaboration and strategic focus to influence and drive the people strategy and be an active member of the broader HR team to share best practices, develop talent, and positively impact the business.
- Based on a clear understanding of current and future business strategies, be the driving force behind the talent acquisition process for Belgium to attract and on-board talent
- Participate actively in initiatives to guarantee a high-quality inflow of potential talents – network events, job fairs, … and make our organization ‘the obvious choice” for future hires
- Be the linking pin between business requests and our temporary employment agency, managing the full workflow
- In collaboration with your colleagues from the HR department, be the first point of contact for employees and managers from our Brussels office, for all HR related questions
- Apply HR knowledge and skills to effectively drive business practices
- Provide advice, coaching and consultation to employees and people managers in resolving complex or sensitive Human Resource problems, including disciplinary counseling, legal issues and terminations
- Assist in developing and implementing diversity and people development efforts
- Foster accountability for employee development and performance by ensuring training, goal-setting, and recognition plans and programs are in place
- Ensure effective leadership and operational excellence of all basic HR processes including performance reviews, incentive planning, and people review and succession planning
- Actively participate in in local or regional HR projects
- You will directly report to the HR Lead Belgium
- Bachelor or Master’s Degree in Human Resources - or equivalent experience and knowledge - with a passion for HR
- Self-starter mentality, pro-active and eager to learn new skills
- A can-do mindset with drive and energy for improvement and change
- Inspiring and inclusive personality with sense of humor and an active team member
- Open communication style with attention to the needs of the internal customer is a given
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills facilitate your ability to work with employees at all levels of the organization and to build effective, long-term and trusting relationships within the organization in a highly matrixed environment
- A wide and critical view, the ability to align different perspectives and spot-on and accurate decisions
- Energized by working on multiple HR streams at the same time, responding quickly to changing job demands and performing under pressure
- You are fluent in Dutch and English. French is a plus.
- You master Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
We offer a permanent position with interesting benefits. You will be working in a dynamic and enjoyable atmosphere with open and direct communication at every level. At Monsanto, we value social interaction. You can take initiative and there are plenty of development opportunities and chances to grow.