Country Human Resources Generalist
Your future job
As Country Human Resources Generalist, you will help grow the organization by hiring the best talent. You will implement our people management programs in line with the global HR concepts, processes and systems. You are responsible for our two Belgian sites Tessenderlo and Ieper to ensure that these two sites are working effectively to optimize national operational excellence, and maximize responsiveness to the business expectations. The two Belgian sites consists out of 500 employees in total, both blue, white collars and temporary workers.
You have following responsibilities :
- You coach, develop and lead the local HR team consisting of 6 people. You will report to the European Regional HR Manager.
- You contribute to designing a locally efficient and sustainable organization, adapting functional Melexis framework to local dimensions and context.
- You ensure that the right employer branding activities are conducted and implemented in order to attract the right talent.
- You cooperate with the Talent Acquisition team to develop meaningful networks with universities and student organizations.
- You promote a high-level engagement on site through coordination of regular people engagement surveys and initiatives and identification of relevant action plans.
- You will implement the global performance management program.
- You propose the annual remuneration review plan, secure approval, coordinate and implement the review process. Ensure that compensation and benefits packages are competitive and cost effective.
- You make sure that the payroll activities and all other administrative requirements related to employment are processed on time and that all local legal requirements are observed towards the employees and the authorities.
- You establish budgets for the HR division and monitor expenditures.
- You ensure that the business competencies are adequately developed on site through actively supporting the roll out of the talent development programs.
- You support and coach local managers in their development, in both locations.
- University degree in Social Sciences or Economics
- Having built a 7 to 10 years’ experience in a progressive people management environment, international experience is a plus
- Fluent in English and Dutch.
- You have a hands-on and pragmatic mentality
- Strong communication skills
- Having a successful track record in managing a team
- Role model regarding demonstrated behavior of the company values together with compliance of highest ethical business standards.
- Able to work with talent management integrated systems and MS Office.
- Willing and flexible to commute to Ieper/Tessenderlo on a weekly basis (you are flexible to choose your schedule, but we expect more or less a 50:50 split)
- A challenging job in a dynamic high-tech international environment
- The opportunity to take ownership of your professional passion in order to contribute to the success of the company
- An enjoyable, team-oriented and professional atmosphere in a flat-structured organization
- Versatile development opportunities