VOV: Summerclass met Jane Bozarth
Show Your Work: The Payoffs and How-to's of Working Out Loud
Companies struggle with managing organizational knowledge. Workers diligently document and report tasks and activities, but the information captured only details what is done, not how people get things done. Identifying more effective, efficient ways of capturing and sharing tacit knowledge is critical to alleviating some of these struggles. In this workshop we will look at strategies for understanding what is worth capturing, for yourself and others; how to detail it in a way that makes it more accessible, and which tools approaches work best. We’ll also discuss organizational challenges such as culture, and will talk about what not to share. The central message of our time together: Developing skill at showing your work ultimately means everyone doesn’t have to learn everything the hard way.
You will take away:
- A plan for identifying and capturing the tacit knowledge important to your daily success and how to make that useful to others – and to yourself.
- Tools for making the “show your work” approach part of your daily practice.
- Strategies for showing your work as a way of supporting your own learning.
Jane Bozarth (USA) has spent more than 2 decades in Learning and Development, from classroom trainer to online learning designer to eLearning Coordinator for North Carolina, USA state government.
She's the author of many books, including "Social Media for Trainers", "Better than Bullet Points", and "From Analysis to Evaluation". Her abiding interest is in social and collaborative learning: the focus of her doctoral dissertation was tacit knowledge sharing in a community of practice. This interest inspired her latest book, "Show Your Work: The Payoffs and How-Tos of Working Out Loud".
Dr. Bozarth currently serves as Director of Research for the eLearning Guild.
- Datum: maandag 26 augustus 2019
- Plaats: De Schuur - Meetingrooms, Mijlstraat 124, 2570 Duffel
- Prijs: €499 (btw excl.) voor VOV-leden of stimulearners | €699 (btw excl.) voor niet-leden