Cefic, the European Chemical Industry Council, is both the forum and voice of the European chemical industry. It aims to maintain and develop a prosperous chemical industry in Europe by promoting the best possible economic, social and environmental conditions to bring benefits to society.
Cefic is located in Brussels to represent the industry vis-à-vis EU institutions and involve member federations and companies in European advocacy. We employ more than 150 people.
The HR team of Cefic is looking for a (m/f) HR Expert.
Mission of the role:
Provide operational excellence and drive continuous improvement in all areas of labor law, compliance performance management, succession planning and compensation and benefits. Create, maintain and ensure implementation of the HR process and policy manual across the organisation. Develop the domain of HR analytics for proactive and informed decision taking.
Are you inspired by these responsibilities?
Reporting to the HR Director, you will:
• Ensure full compliance with the labor regulations, through actively following up on new legislation and formulating implementation proposals (contract management, Working Rules, flexibility, time credit, early retirement, compliance of internal policies, etc…).
• Performance management and succession planning: run the recurrent cycle with processes ‘objective setting
- Midyear review – appraisal – bonus payment and manage salary increases / promotions. Maintain and implement the yearly HR calendar.
- Comp & ben: maintain and optimize the internal equity and external benchmarking; create and maintain job descriptions (Hay), follow up on market trends in reward and formulate inspiring and effective proposals.
- HR reports and analytics: lead and optimize the recurrent reports and create new valuable HR data, with support of the payroll manager and the HR assistant.
- Develop or update procedures and guidelines in the above domains, maintain the HR policy manual and ensure its implementation.
Can you make the difference?
The successful candidate will be a highly experienced professional who demonstrates the following experience and competencies:
- Master degree in Human Resources, Economics or Social Sciences (law, Sociology)
- 8 to 10 years of successful working experience in HR, including comp & ben and process/policy creation
- Profound knowledge of Belgian labor law and comp & ben related fiscal regulations
- Experience with HR automation. Experience with Hay job weighing is a valued asset
- Excellent level of English and Dutch (spoken and written)
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft office tools
- Strong and proven analytical skills with eye for detail, as well as strong time management/organization skills.
- You are hands on, both rigorous in tasks follow-up and proactive in taking initiatives.
- You are a client friendly service provider and influencer, and definitely a team player.
Are you interested?
Please send your application with full curriculum vitae, quoting reference HR-03, before June 29th 2018 to: Cefic, Jessica Bart-Williams, HR Assistant, Avenue E. Van Nieuwenhuyse 4, B-1160 Brussels.
E-mail address: email@example.com